Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Step 3

I can tell you I've already cried numerous times, and neither of my guys have even left yet! It's just the thought of the two single most important people in my life leaving and soon that day will come. This is probably the only step that no matter how much you prepare, the result will be the same. I know I'm going to be a wreck for at least two days (probably more) after they both leave and that's expected and fine. So go ahead, cry your heart out but only for a set period. Tell yourself you have one more hour of sulking then you're done. Your soldier always got back up after training at 29 Palms or a hard hit to the ground after a jump at Airborne School. You are your soldier's soldier now. Get back up, stand tall, and look forward to the day he comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment